Упражнение 3 Unit 5 Урок 7
ГДЗ English Кузовлев 10-11 класс - ответы
1) Benefits for the jobless vary widely from country to country.
For questions 1-6, read the statements. Choose the conjunction or preposition, which you think fits best each space. There is an example at the beginning (0).
0. b the lowest rate of unemployment in Europe the British Labour government promised to transform the welfare system.
a) In spite b) In spite of c) Because
1. Many people are sure that "six months of joblessness is a career killer" and seek a job, _some other unemployed people don't want to find a job and be paid minimum wage.
a) because b) that's why c) while
2. _ there are 3 million unemployed in France, almost all of them believe "they are entitled not just to a job, but to the right kind of a job".
a) Although b) Because c) Thanks to
3. German taxpayers pay tens of billions of euro to finance a lot of benefits their ineffectiveness.
a) due to b) despite c) because
4. Many unemployed people want something interesting and well paid, _(as they say) "there's life after work".
a) because b) though c) that's why
5. _ a married man with two children in Germany gets about 2,800 euro if he's on the dole, an employed man with an entry-level job in a hotel or restaurant takes home only 1,800 euro.
a) Thanks to b) Although c) While
6. In France for some unemployed people any part-time job at minimum wage simply isn't worth having, the pay for this kind of work is almost the same as the welfare.
a) because of b) because c) that's why
2) Read the text below. Use the words in the box to form new words that fit in the same numbered blanks in the text. Fill in each space with the new word. There is an example at the beginning (0).
In the USA Social Security is limited mainly to the provision of pensions and Medicare for the (0) retired and elderly. Social Security system is financed through a tax which is paid by employees and their employers during the years of (1)_.
The self-employed, who also pay into the system, are (2)_ with benefits as well. When (3)_ retire at the age of 65, they are entitled to pensions.
To those who retire at the age of 62 or 64, (4)_pensions are available. (5)_are also paid to non-working widows and widowers. Children under 18 and (6)_parents can claim their benefits, too. Unemployment (7)_ is financed through taxes paid by the employer.
На этой странице вы сможете найти и списать готовое домешнее задание (ГДЗ) для школьников по предмету Английский язык, которые посещают 10-11 класс из книги или рабочей тетради под названием/издательством "Решебник ГДЗ", которая была написана автором/авторами: Кузовлев. ГДЗ представлено для списывания совершенно бесплатно и в открытом доступе.