Упражнение 1 Unit 2 Тест в
Рабочей тетради English Кузовлев 9 класс - ответы
Frank Sinatra is commonly thought of as the best American pop star of the 20th century.
What was he famous for? Listen to the recording. For questions 1—10, mark the statements TRUE (T), FALSE (F) or NOT STATED (N/s). You’ll hear the recording twice.
Текст для аудирования:
Francis Albert Sinatra was born on 12 December, 1915. He grew up poor in Hoboken, New Jersey. His parents were Italian immigrants, they hoped that their only son would become an engineer, but Frank had different plans. After working for a newspaper, he organised the Hoboken Four, a singing group. He won his first prize on the radio and went on to perform in nightclubs and on the radio. Sinatra made his first films in the early 40s.
In 1942, Sinatra’s wish to become a singer met with great success. Soon, his singing made him the idol of millions and, for years, was hugely popular on the stage, on the radio, in recordings and nightclubs. More than that Sinatra played in a number of musical films throughout the 40s.
Sinatra had stopped his singing career when he had problems with his voice in 1952. But he had a brilliant film career and won an Oscar and a Golden Globe in 1954. Sinatra appeared in several more movies in the 50s and was a success. Soon Sinatra was again on top as a performer. Sinatra continued to do active film work. His last role was an old detective, the film was made in 1980. Sinatra also appeared on various television shows during the 80s and went on to release successful recordings as late as the early 90s.
After his 80th birthday performance in 1995, Sinatra stopped singing on the stage. He died of a heart attack on 14 May, 1998.
Frank Sinatra had nicknames known to anybody in the country, even to the people who didn’t listen to music. He was one of the first entertainment superstars the world has known. Frank Sinatra’s songs have a timeless beauty. Sinatra’s best songs include Strangers in the Night, New York, New York and Chicago.
1) When Frank Sinatra was a little boy, he wanted to be an engineer.
2) Frank Sinatra organised The Hoboken Four, a singing group, when he was young.
3) It was the radio that brought Sinatra his first success.
4) Musical films made him the idol of millions.
5) Sinatra never stopped playing in films.
6) He got a number of Oscars and a Golden Globe in the 1950s.
7) Frank Sinatra finished his film career with the role of a detective.
8) Frank Sinatra had his last concert when he was 80 in the mid 90s.
9) Frank Sinatra died in Los Angeles.
10) Sinatra's nicknames came from his appearance and his wonderful voice.
На этой странице вы сможете найти и списать готовое домешнее задание (ГДЗ) для школьников по предмету Английский язык, которые посещают 9 класс из книги или рабочей тетради под названием/издательством "Решебник ГДЗ English", которая была написана автором/авторами: Кузовлев. ГДЗ представлено для списывания совершенно бесплатно и в открытом доступе.