Упражнение 9 Unit 3
ГДЗ English Михеева 10 класс - ответы
a) This organization undertakes anti-war actions.
b) This organization has got the monarch’s approval.
c) This organization doesn’t charge those under age to become members.
d) This organization mostly investigates the balance between native and “imported” species.
e) This organization concentrates on four areas where animals have been ill-treated for years.
1. The mission of Kids for A Clean Environment (Kids F.A.C.E.) is to provide information on environ-
mental issues to children, to encourage and facilitate youth’s involvement with effective environmental action. Kids F.A.C.E. started in 1989. The first club had six members. Today there are more than 300,000 individual members. The organization is the world’s largest youth environmental organization. Membership is free to children and teachers.
2. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is one of the largest animal rights organizations in the world. It has more than a million members and supporters. Founded in 1980, PETA is dedicated to establishing and protecting the rights of all animals. PETA operates under the simple principle that animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, or use for entertainment. PETA focuses its attention on the areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer most intensely for the longest periods of time: on factory farms, in laboratories, in the clothing trade and in the entertainment industry.
3. Invasive Species Specialist Group (ISSG) aims to reduce threats to natural ecosystems and the natural species they contain by increasing awareness of invasive alien species. Global trade and communication led to the fact that species suddenly taken to new environments (usually transported by humans) often successfully establish themselves and make the species that had been living there naturally before this “invasion” suffer great losses or disappear. ISSG is a global group of scientific and policy experts on invasive species from 41 countries. Membership is by invitation from the group chair. In addition to its headquarters in New Zealand, ISSG has three regional sections in North America, Europe and South Asia.
4. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (the RSPCA) has been working since 1824 promoting kindness to animals, trying to prevent cruelty to them. In 1840 the Society’s work was held in such high regard that Queen Victoria gave her permission for the SPCA to be called the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. New branches of the society began to be established, and the 175 branches in England and Wales that exist today run 38 clinics and 33 animal centres.
5. Greenpeace is an international organization whose members work actively to protect the environment from damage caused by industrial processes or military activities. It is known for using its own boats to try to prevent governments from testing nuclear weapons, to prevent companies from pouring poisonous chemicals into the sea, and to try to save whales and other sea animals from being killed. Greenpeace has been campaigning against environmental degradation since 1971.
6. The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the world’s most experienced independent conservation organizations, with almost five million supporters and a global network active in more than 100 countries. WWF’s mission is to stop degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
На этой странице вы сможете найти и списать готовое домешнее задание (ГДЗ) для школьников по предмету Английский язык, которые посещают 10 класс из книги или рабочей тетради под названием/издательством "Решебник ГДЗ English", которая была написана автором/авторами: Михеева. ГДЗ представлено для списывания совершенно бесплатно и в открытом доступе.