Упражнение 10 Unit 6 Секция 2
ГДЗ English Михеева 8 класс - ответы
1) The history of entertainment is very old.
2) Prehistoric people had special places for singing, dancing and story-telling.
3) Greek drama was the first public entertainment in Europe.
4) We know two kinds of Greek drama.
5) Greek tragedies always ended in the most important character dying.
6) There were new forms of entertainment introduced by ancient Romans.
7) In the Middle Ages the church didn’t let the theatre develop freely.
8) The first performances took place in the streets.
9) The Renaissance was the time when the theatre developed fast and became very important.
10) Comedies and tragedies by William Shakespeare were written in the Golden Age of Theatre.
11) Cinema is the most popular of modern entertainments.
12) Television has become the number one entertainment for modern people.
The History of Entertainment
Nearly everyone enjoys entertainment. The beginnings of popular entertainment go back to prehistoric times, when dance, music and story-telling were very important.
The traditions of entertainment began in ancient Greece about 2,500 years ago with the development of Greek drama. In those days festivals were organized to celebrate Dionysus, the Greek god of wine and new life, with song and dance. Later poets began to write stories for a large group of performers (a chorus and an actor to recite). Then another actor was introduced which made a dialogue between characters possible. There were two forms of classical Greek drama — tragedy and comedy.
The Romans continued the traditions of Greece and developed other kinds of entertainment as well. The beginnings of the circus are connected with gladiators fighting in public arenas.
In the Middle Ages the church considered entertainment and drama wrong, but by and by drama reappeared with religious and moral plays.
In the time of Renaissance the theatre became less religious and there was a new interest in Greek and Roman drama. Common people preferred comedies performed by a travelling group of actors. At first, the actors had no text, only an idea of what was going to happen and had to improvise. They usually performed on high platforms in public places. The actors offered entertainment which included plays, songs and dances.
The Golden Age of Theatre began when the first special theatres were built. The first of such theatres was opened in London in 1652. Soon there appeared a few others including the famous Globe Theatre. Among the writers who worked for these theatres was William Shakespeare, one of the greatest dramatists in any language. Shakespeare gave his audience great literature but at the same time he gave them popular entertainment.
Nowadays people entertain themselves by listening to music, watching TV programmes, films and videos, going to concerts and circus shows but the theatre is still among our favourite entertainments.
На этой странице вы сможете найти и списать готовое домешнее задание (ГДЗ) для школьников по предмету Английский язык, которые посещают 8 класс из книги или рабочей тетради под названием/издательством "Решебник ГДЗ English (новый курс)", которая была написана автором/авторами: Михеева. ГДЗ представлено для списывания совершенно бесплатно и в открытом доступе.