Упражнение 7 Unit 3 рабочей тетради
ГДЗ English Михеева 9 класс - ответы
Gazing Deeper Still
Four hundred years ago, Galileo and his telescope brought the heavens into focus, setting the stage for modern astronomy.
Such a small thing, really — two pieces of glass and a tube no longer than the span of a man’s arm. The first telescope that Galileo built (by the way he was not the first to build one) played tricks with distance and size. The device transported faraway objects into the viewer’s presence and magnified them there. As Galileo demonstrated to the Doge of Venice in 1609, even an object invisible to the naked eye, such as an enemy ship on the horizon, would seem large with the help of his spyglass.
Later, alone in the dark, after he’d learned how to make better lenses, Galileo pointed his instruments skyward to reveal uncomfortable truths about the universe.
1) The supposedly smooth, silvery orb of the Moon mimicked the Earth with chains of mountains and depths of valleys.
2) The familiar constellations contained more stars than anyone had counted, while the mysterious Milky Way consisted of nothing but stars, too densely packed for unaided eyes to see.
3) The planet Jupiter turned out to have four attendant bodies — “never seen since the beginning of time”, as Galileo pointed out — whose positions changed from hour to hour.
4) Venus, when followed through the telescope, grew bigger and smaller like the Moon.
5) And the large pair of companions on either side of Saturn occasionally disappeared.
In 2009, four centuries after those early nights of wonder, the International Year of Astronomy saluted Galileo for introducing a new worldview. 2009 also commemorated the 400th anniversary of the publication of “Astronomia Nova”, by Johannes Kepler, who formulated laws of planetary motion as stunning as Galileo’s observations.
На этой странице вы сможете найти и списать готовое домешнее задание (ГДЗ) для школьников по предмету Английский язык, которые посещают 9 класс из книги или рабочей тетради под названием/издательством "Решебник ГДЗ English (новый курс)", которая была написана автором/авторами: Михеева. ГДЗ представлено для списывания совершенно бесплатно и в открытом доступе.