Упражнение 4 Юнит 4 Step 5
ГДЗ Rainbow English 8 класс - ответы
B. Read the text and match the paragraphs with their titles (a—f). There is one title you don't have to use.
a) Brave and Gifted Scientist
b) Able Pupil
c) Teacher of Life Wisdom
d) Man of Many Interests
e) Politician and Educator
f) A Great Traveller
1) Benjamin Franklin (1706—1790) lived in America at about the same time as Mikhail Lomonosov in Russia. They both belonged to the Age of Enlightenment1. Franklin was a writer, publisher, scientist, diplomat ['diplomat] and politician, He was among the most famous and respected people of his time. He was, probably, the first selfmade man in America.
2) Franklin’s family immigrated to America from England, his father was a candle-maker. Though Benjamin was self-educated, he was well-read and had learned a lot from Enlightenment writers. While he was still young, he taught himself languages. During his whole life Franklin worked hard and carefully to improve his knowledge and character.
3) Never selfish, Franklin tried to help other people to become successful and wrote a self-help book “Poor Richard’s Almanack”. The book became very popular and made Franklin quite rich and well-known in the American colonies. The Almanack is full of useful information and has a lot of clever sayings. Here are some examples: “God helps them that help themselves.” “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a Man healthy, wealthy2 and wise.”
4) Franklin believed in experimental science. He tried to explain the nature of electricity. Once he decided to show that lightning3 is a form of electricity with the help of an experiment. He flew a kite during a storm and showed that electricity got from the kite to the metal key4 on the other end of the cord5.
5) Franklin understood early the power of words. He became one of the people who worked on the U. S. Constitution, which played such an important role in the country’s history. In his later years this truly great man did his best to prove that education must be given free to everybody in the country.
C. Find in the text words and word combinations which mean the same as the following:
1) people for whom others have respect;
2) a man who became successful without anybody’s help;
3) to come to a country to make your life and home there;
4) a book that comes out every year and gives some useful information;
5) bright light that you see in the sky during a storm;
6) the most important laws and rules of a country put together;
7) without paying any money.
На этой странице вы сможете найти и списать готовое домешнее задание (ГДЗ) для школьников по предмету Английский язык, которые посещают 8 класс из книги или рабочей тетради под названием/издательством "Решебник ГДЗ Rainbow English", которая была написана автором/авторами: Афанасьева. ГДЗ представлено для списывания совершенно бесплатно и в открытом доступе.