Упражнение 6 Юнит 1 (рабочая тетрадь)
ГДЗ Rainbow English 8 класс - ответы
a) Sport of Nowadays
b) Record that Needed Courage
c) Together with People on Earth
d) Six-year-long Race
e) Sport and Traditions
f) One Team, One Colour
g) Testing His Men
1. Wimbledon is the most prestigious tennis tournament in the world. The first tennis competition took place at Wimbledon as early as in 1877. Every tennis player in the world dreams to play in it. At Wimbledon, the players compete on grass and must wear all white. Wimbledon is not only a sports event, but also a social occasion, and it’s traditional to eat strawberries and cream there.
2. Sunita Williams is an American astronaut — and the first person to run a marathon in space. She took part in the Boston Marathon but did it aboard the International Space Station. By the time Sunita finished her marathon, she had circled the Earth two times.
3. Rugby is the most popular sport in New Zealand. The country even has the world’s first rugby museum. Rugby appeared in the country for the first time in 1870. New Zealand’s national rugby team, the All Blacks, have become very famous. The All Blacks got their name because they wear black shorts, shirts, socks and shoes. Their shirts have the sign of the silver fern, a native plant which is sacred to the Maori people.
4. Martin Strel, from Slovenia, has become the first man in the world to swim the whole length of the Amazon River. It took Martin 66 days to swim 6,259 kilometres of the mighty river. The Amazon is the world’s widest river and the second longest. It’s also a dangerous place to go for a swim. That’s because it is full of piranhas, crocodiles, sharks and anaconda snakes. “I think the animals have just accepted me. I’ve been swimming with them such a long time that they must think I’m one of them now,” said Martin.
5. In the 11th century, Scottish King Malcolm III organized contests in a Scottish village called Braemar to find the strongest and fastest men in his kingdom. Those who were the strongest became the king’s bodyguards and those who were the fastest became his messengers. The Highland Games were very spectacular and many people came to Braemar at the time of the contest. Some wanted to take part, others just came as visitors.
6. Robert Garside, a former police officer from Britain, is the first person to run around the world. He started out on his adventure in 1997, and finished it in 2003. It took him all those years to run across 30 countries. And it’s taken years to prove that he did it without walking. Now Robert has a certificate saying that he is a real record-holder. “I’m really happy about this, this run cost me everything,” he said.
На этой странице вы сможете найти и списать готовое домешнее задание (ГДЗ) для школьников по предмету Английский язык, которые посещают 8 класс из книги или рабочей тетради под названием/издательством "Решебник ГДЗ Rainbow English", которая была написана автором/авторами: Афанасьева. ГДЗ представлено для списывания совершенно бесплатно и в открытом доступе.