Упражнение 7 Юнит 3 (рабочая тетрадь)
ГДЗ Rainbow English 9 класс - ответы
a) A Cheaper Choice
b) The Great Cure
c) A special Celebration
d) The Revolution in Transportation
e) The Revolution in Communication
f) The Creator of the Electronic Machine
g) The Best Engine
h) Lots of Attempts, One Winner
The Inventions that Changed the World Forever
1. Inventor’s Day is celebrated on 29 September by several countries, as it is the birthday of Laszlo Jozsef Biro, the inventor of the ball-point pen. From the discovery of the wheel to the launch of the World Wide Web, several key inventions have changed the way the human beings live. Here are some inventions that made the world different for ever.
2. Paper was invented in ancient China during the Han dynasty (206 BC—220 AD) and spread slowly to the West via1 the Silk Road. Earlier materials used instead of paper, such as papyrus or palm leaves, were expensive and in short supply. But paper, made from wood and rags3 which could be found everywhere provided that the production of paper is not so expensive.
3. Charles Babbage, an English mechanical engineer, invented the concept of a computer. Considered the “father of the computer”, he made the first mechanical computer in the early 19th century. The principle of the modern computer was first described by computer scientist Alan Turing in 1936.
4. Penicillin is a group of antibiotics derived from Penicillium fungi. The discovery of penicillin is attributed to Scottish scientist and Nobel laureate Alexander Fleming in 1928. Chemists further developed the drug penicillin, which fights a great number of bacterial infections in humans without harming the humans themselves. It was mass produced and advertised as early as in 1944.
5. The wheel was invented in about 3500 BC and facilitated agriculture and commerce by enabling the transportation of goods to and from markets. Wheels have transformed our lives and are used in everything from clocks to vehicles.
6. According to historians, two dozen people tried to invent lamps throughout the 1800s. Thomas Edison is credited as the primary inventor because he created a completely functional lighting object, including a generator and wiring as well as a bulb.
7. Alexander Graham Bell was the first to be awarded a patent for the electric telephone in 1876. The first successful transmission of clear speech by Bell and his assistant Thomas Watson was made in March 1876. The invention quickly took off, and people got the ability to speak being thousands kilometers from each other.
B. Choose one of the inventions mentioned in the text, describe it and say how it is used.
На этой странице вы сможете найти и списать готовое домешнее задание (ГДЗ) для школьников по предмету Английский язык, которые посещают 9 класс из книги или рабочей тетради под названием/издательством "Решебник ГДЗ Rainbow English", которая была написана автором/авторами: Афанасьева. ГДЗ представлено для списывания совершенно бесплатно и в открытом доступе.